Cây Hàm tiếu trên trang IBC

satruky

Thành viên tích cực
Cũng vì đam mê hoa Hàm tiếu nên mình đã tìm thấy bài này trên IBC, xin chia sẻ cùng mọi ngưới.

Besides Live Oaks, Magnolias (M. grandiflora) are probably the best known trees of the South. Most people here prefer to enjoy their beauty in someone else's yard. An old garden favorite here is "banana bush" or "frascati" as the old timers call it, Magnolia (formerly Michelia) figo. The miniature creamy magnolia flowers have a wonderful banana scent. I always wondered if it would make a decent bonsai, and better yet, one that would mimic the big magnolias around town. A few weeks ago I was looking through some Japanese bonsai magazines and was shocked to find a pretty a really nice example. It's the first and only time I've seen one grown as bonsai. Then the other day I was driving through a friend's nursery and found a group of 10 gallon M. figo var. skinneriana and spotted a pretty nice one.

Here it is trimmed, wired and potted. I have no idea how it will react to this treatment, hopefully I haven't wasted a bunch of time and wire - and yes, it has a long way to go. Has anyone worked with this plant? I'd love some feedback. It's 30 inches tall from the lip of the pot.